They're leaving for Beijing in the morning. 他们早上要动身去北京。
3. Are you leaving? 你要走了么? 这句话时用现在进行时来表示将要发生的动作。
4. leave someone alone: stop annoying or upsetting someone. -停止烦扰某人
Leave me alone! 别烦我了!
Can't you just leave me alone? 你能不能别烦我,让我一个人静一静?
5. leave it to me: I'll take responsibility for it. 这事交给我来办,让我来负责。
Leave it to me. I'll make sure the letter gets posted. 让我来吧,我保证帮你把信寄出去。
6. leave a lot to be desired: to be very unsatisfactory: 让人很不满意的
Your academic performance this term has left a lot to be desired.
你这个学期的学习成绩让人很不满意。
7. leave a bad taste in my mouth: if an experience leaves a bad taste in your mouth, remembering it upsets you or makes you feel uncomfortable. 指经历让人耿耿于怀,至今想起还是很不愉快的
The things she said really left a bad taste in my mouth. 我想起她说的话很觉得生气。
8. be on leave: 在休假 He is on leave now.
9. sick/maternity leave: 病假、产假
10. be/feel left out: if someone feels left out, they feel sad because they are not included in a group or activity. 觉得被冷落
All the others seemed to know each other and I began to feel left out.
其他人好像都认识彼此,我开始觉得被冷落。
11. be/get left behind: if a person, country or organization is left behind, they remain at a lower level than others because they are not as quick at understanding things or developing. 落后,不如人
在美国有一个No Child Left Behind Act,意为"不让一个孩子落后法案"
We are going to be left behind by the rest of the world.
我们将落后于世界其他国家。
I got left behind at school with the math. 我的数学跟不上
12. left-over: food that remains uneaten after a meal: 剩菜剩饭
Refrigerate any leftovers. 把剩菜剩饭都放冰箱里。
13. left-handed: 左撇子 Some people believe left-handed are smarter. 有些人认为左撇子比较聪明。
14. have two left feet: (usually refers to dancing) clumsy-通常指跳舞时比较笨拙,经常踩到别人的脚。
Sorry to step on your toes again, I am having two left feet.
对不起,又踩了你的脚。我的脚笨笨的。
15. turn left = make a left向左转
Make a left /turn left at the second crossing. 在第二个十字路口向转左。